“Travel isn’t always pretty. It isn’t always comfortable. Sometimes it hurts, it even breaks your heart. But that’s okay. The journey changes you; it should change you.” – Anthony Bourdain
What are you waiting for to book your next trip?
Where Should You Stay?
It’s rare to find a traveler who is spontaneous when it comes to where they’re staying. If you’re the type of person who enjoys their plans a bit more structured, ask these 5 questions:
- Private bedroom or bathroom? If you don’t want to sleep, or shower, in the same room with a stranger, this is an important question to ask!
- Is breakfast available? Or is there access to a kitchen?
- WiFi access? Occasionally, you may even have to pay — so ask in advance.
- Location? Where is this hotel relative to other attractions in the area? Use Google Maps to check out the area, and find out about some must-see spots.
How To Book The Best Last Minute Deals
Here are a few ways to make last-minute trips a little bit easier!
- Accommodations over airfare. If you want to grab the best savings, focus on accommodations and packaged deals — not airfare. But still stay on the lookout, you may score some out-of-this-world savings — some say that flight tickets are the most inexpensive 54 days before your scheduled flight date!
- Travel mid-week. With work and other life obligations, weekend getaways are the typical go-to. But traveling on a Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday can save you hundreds per ticket!
- Go with the flow. Last-minute travel means serendipity, so if you’re the type of person who loves plans and itineraries, this may not be your best option. There’s no guarantee that you’ll get the best seat on your flight or even the best hotel on TripAdvisor, but if you’re willing to just roll with the punches you may be surprised at how your trip will turn out.
- This is the time for fun trips. If you’re planning a honeymoon, babymoon, or any other vacation ending in -moon, book ahead of time. You don’t want to stress or skimp out when it comes to special trips!
Professional Packing Hacks
Vacations are relaxing – it’s packing that makes us pull hairs! If you’re guilty of overpacking, you’re not alone. The last thing we want is to forget something we might need, so why not bring it all, right?
If you’re not willing to sacrifice your belongings for a little extra space, don’t sweat it – we’ve got your vacation packing secrets here:
- Use your shoes
That’s right! Your shoes are the perfect place to hold all those little items that don’t quite fit in your toiletry bag. Or the more obvious trick: stuff your socks in there (it’s a perfect match).
- Roll it up
Rolling your clothes can save you so much space compared to folding. Plus, it ’s less likely to leave you with large creases in your shirts. Roll up your clothes as tightly as you can and pack them nice and snug. Tell us how it goes for you!
- Wrap your belts
Men, this is for you – wrap your belts around the collars of your shirts to save space keep your collar stiff and in good shape. Another option is to lay your belts around the perimeter of your suitcase.
- Leave big bottles home
Moisturizer, makeup remover, hair gel – you name it. If it’s a weekend trip, save yourself the spare room by pouring a little of each liquid inside contact cases instead of bringing big bottles onboard.
- Wear bulky items
Hats, jeans, boots – for whichever of your clothes take up the most space, wear them on the plane or in the car if you can get away with it. You won’t risk going over the weight limit (if checking a bag) or injuring yourself in the process of transporting your bag from one place to the other.
Read more: 5 Things To Always Have in Your Carry-On
Stay With Us At Butterfly Grove Inn, Pacific Grove, CA
You can rest assured knowing that you will have a relaxing experience at Butterfly Grove Inn. Our Pacific Grove hotel offers a variety of lodging options suitable for any traveler. Check out our website to find out more about our accommodations, or give us a call at 831-250-8191.
Read more: Why Book a Stay at Butterfly Grove Inn.
- 5 Questions To Ask Before Booking a Hotel Room
- 5 Reasons To Visit California
- Guide: Pacific Coast Highway Road Trip
- What To Do If Your Luggage is Lost
Come visit this beautiful city in Monterey County and book your stay at Butterfly Grove Inn! We are located right on the beautiful California coast and are ready to make your stay at Pacific Grove a pleasant one! To make a reservation, give us a call at 831-250-8191.