With 172 years under it’s planks, this California pier has become a top destination for travelers. There’s award-winning dining, shopping, and special events (and don’t even get us started on the breathtaking views overlooking the Monterey Bay!). With so much to see and do, we thought we would narrow down your itinerary for you. Here are a few things you must do if you end up stopping at the Old Fisherman’s Wharf.
1. Plan Water Activities:
- Go deep sea fishing.
- Book a sailing trip with Monterey Bay Sailing.
- Whale watch on the Princess Monterey Whale Watching cruise.
- Visit marine wildlife at the Monterey Bay National Marine Sanctuary.
2. Dine out:
- Enjoy the stunning views at the Old Fisherman’s Grotto — around since 1950!
- Order Fisherman’s Wharf cuisine or authentic Italian dishes at Paluca Trattoria
- Get a dining experience, fish market, and gift shop all in one at Scales on the Go.
- Grab you and even your four-legged, furry friend some food at Cafe Fina.
3. Go shopping:
- Find unique souvenirs and keepsakes at Harbor House Gifts.
- Purchase silver, gemstones, and high-end costume jewelry at Monterey Bay Silver Company.
- Satisfy your sweet tooth with handmade treats from Carousel Candies.
Visiting the beautiful Monterey Peninsula just wouldn’t be complete without stopping at the “Whale Watching Capital of the World.” For more information about Old Fisherman’s Wharf, go to www.montereywharf.com. If you need a cozy place to stay, check out Butterfly Grove Inn! Our beautiful cottage style inn is located just miles within all the beautiful sights California has to offer and more. To make a reservation, give us a call at 831-250-8191.