It’s a bird! It’s a plane! It’s a… lot of planes! Every year the California International Airshow comes to Salinas in Monterey County to dazzle residents and visitors alike with spectacular stunts and sights. This year, the airshow’s coordinators added a little something extra in the form of — wait for it — monster trucks!
We know you’re not going to want to miss this, so here’s everything you need to know before heading down to the show.
The 2018 California International Airshow is being held on September 29th and 30th at the Salinas Municipal Airport off US 101.
Tickets for the show cost between $10-35 per day. But those with a valid military I.D. get free admission to the show! You can purchase your tickets through the airshow’s website.
Between the pilots and monster truck drivers, there’s a great lineup for this year’s airshow. Depending on the day, performers include:
- U.S.A.F. Thunderbirds
- Jerry Conley and the Vampire Jet
- Greg Colyer and the T-33 Shooting Star
- Vicky Benzing and the Boeing Stearman
- WWII European and Pacific Theater B-17
- Jess Rodriguez Sky Diving
- Rob Reider as the Airshow Announcer
- Jimmy Creten and Bounty Hunter (Monster Truck)
- Dawn Creten and Scarlet Bounty (Monster Truck)
Important Things to Know
- For security purposes dictated by the HAS and FAA, you can’t bring any coolers to the show.
- There are shuttle buses that will provide free transportation between the Salinas Northridge Mall and the airshow.
Are you heading to the airshow this year or have you been in the past? Tell us about it in the comments!